DC DANCE CLUB INC. POLICIES
Missed Classes and Refunds
- All services require prepayment prior to start of first class. Class schedule is dependent on the number of registrations received.
- No refunds will be issued for any missed class. Neither can a missed class be made up in another time slot. Classes are non-transferable.
- Exception: If a medical condition prevents completion of a service by 1/2 the classes or more, then DC Dance Club will consider providing a credit for future classes. A doctor’s note is required. Notification is to be provided to DC Dance Club via email to email@example.com within 48 hours of disability.
- Private lessons require 24 hours notice to avoid being charged. Private lessons do not mean that you are booking the entire floor space. Floor space may be shared at any time. DC Dance Club will do their best to provide you with the instructor of your choice but may assign another instructor to you for any or all private lessons booked.
- Students are welcome to stay and practice provided they pay the practice fee and dependent on available space and presence of DC Dance Club staff as determined by DC Dance Club staff.
- Proper indoor footwear must be worn at all times for the safety of all students and for maintenance of the floor. No wet footwear is allowed in the ballroom at any time. Please ensure that footwear is in good condition and not damaging to the floor, i.e. if they are leaving marks on the floor.
- No gum is allowed in the ballroom. No outside food or drink is allowed on DC premises. Please be very careful with any beverage or food inside the ballroom. Any spills provide a safety issue for all students.
- If you are using the lounge/reception area, please be respectful. No feet on tables or couches. Pick up all your trash before leaving.
- Parent or other attending adult is responsible for the behaviour of children. Inside voices please and no running at any time. Children only have access to the ballroom during their lesson or as spectators at a performance. Children are to remain seated and quiet during performances for safety of performers.
- DC Dance Club Inc. is not responsible for any damage to or loss of personal property.
- DC Dance Club Inc. is not responsible for any injury, including death, which may be sustained as a consequence of participation in activities or presence on the property.
- We collect information when you register for a service, place an order for product, send/receive email, survey, forms. either online or on site. That information may include name, address, phone number, email, birthday, credit card information, etc. That information is used to process transactions, order product, administer a contest, promotion, survey, and send emails.
- You may unsubscribe from emails by following unsubscribe instructions on emails.
- DC Dance Club and any third party provider it uses does not sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. Your information will only be released if and when we believe it is appropriate and required to do so to comply with legal requirements.
- DC Dance Club may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party service providers have separate and independent privacy policies over which we have no responsibility and assume no liability. However, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and request any feedback about third party sites.
Photographs and Media
- Press and other media, parents, and staff may be present to either photograph, film, or interview program participants. DC Dance Club cannot always control what the media will release to the public or what private individuals may post on social media. These photographs, etc. may be used by third parties for advertising purposes. It is your choice whether to participate or not if these situations arise. DC Dance Club Inc. is not responsible or liable for any images or recordings taken by third parties including students or guests that may be posted on any social media site.
Online Merchandise Purchases
- All merchandise purchases, either online or on site, fall under Canadian law and where applicable the laws of the Province of Alberta. Any merchandise purchases made outside of Canada are still protected under Canadian jurisdiction.
- All students are requested to read and sign the Health and Fitness, Liability Waiver, Informed Consent form. In the absence of a signed form, by using the DC Dance Club website or entering the DC Dance Club premises, you are providing consent to the terms of that form and these policies.
- Please route all communications through firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not phone, text or email staff/instructors through their personal contact sources.